Following the government’s recent announcement that tennis with certain restrictions can resume in clubs across England, the following advice is specific to measures we have put in place to ensure tennis can resume at Woodbridge Tennis Club.
Please take some time to read through the information provided below to ensure your own and your fellow members’ safety. Also, please be aware that this situation may change subject to future advice from the government and/or LTA.
- Singles play only (unless you’re a family or members of the same household and wish to play doubles – no more than four players on court at any time)
- Players should maintain social distancing of 2 metres
- Do not change ends
- Use your own tennis balls, which should be clearly marked. Balls can also be purchased from Jon Mansfield or Steve Lemon for £5 per tube
- Bring your own hand sanitiser. Upon entering and leaving the club premises please use hand sanitiser. The club also has a hand sanitiser dispenser by the window shutter next to the clubhouse entrance
- Courts 1 & 3 will be available from Monday 18th May
- Courts 4 & 6 will also be available from Wednesday 20th May – please access these courts via the gate to court 4
- All courts MUST be booked using the online booking system here. You can find a quick guide on how to use the booking system here. If you have any questions about the booking system, please email Adrian Yates
- Please book for no longer than one hour
- When booking, allow a 10-minute gap from the last booking to avoid unnecessary contact with previous users
During this period, a current member can use the courts with their family or another person even if they are not membersPAY & PLAY (Public Hire) remains currently unavailable
PLEASE READ ‘LTA Guidance for Tennis Venues’
- The clubhouse facilities will currently remain closed – this includes access to toilets, club balls, ball machine, etc
- Floodlights should be avoided due to risk of contamination
- The First Aid kit & Defibrillator can be accessed in the cupboard under bench to the left of the clubhouse door
We are able to offer individual lessons for tennis at WTC from Monday 18th May. Players should arrive promptly for lessons.
- Balls will be provided by the coach
- Courts will be booked by the coach
- We will not change ends during lessons
- Pupil should bring their own hand sanitiser and a FULL water bottle with enough to last the whole session